Home » About Mold »
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that people who are sensitive to molds may experience a variety of health issues upon exposure, including throat irritation, coughing, wheezing, nasal stuffiness, and eye or skin irritation.
If you are concerned that indoor mold is causing health problems for you or a loved one, consult your medical provider before you begin cleaning up the mold.
According to the CDC, health effects can be much worse for people with mold allergies, who could have severe reactions if exposed. Mold can also aggravate existing allergies. Immune-compromised people and those with chronic lung illnesses, such as obstructive lung disease, may develop serious infections of the lungs.
Exposure to indoor mold can trigger asthma symptoms in people with asthma, and early childhood exposure to mold is linked to the development of asthma later on in life. Mold is also linked to upper respiratory tract symptoms in otherwise healthy adults and children. Individuals who are susceptible to immune-mediated conditions may develop hypersensitivity pneumonitis if they have been exposed to mold.
If are concerned about mold in your home or business, don’t take any chances. Your health and safety could be at stake. Call the mold experts at AusTex Environmental Solutions today so we can inspect, test, and advise you on your mold problems. Our residential and commercial mold solutions are designed to help keep you safe.