How to Get Rid of Mold

Home » About Mold » How to Get Rid of Mold

The CDC recommends that, no matter what type of mold is present, you should remove it as soon as possible. Large mold problems should be handled professionally. If the mold growth covers more than 10 square feet, the Environmental Protection Agency recommends mold remediation techniques, which are available on their website.

Act quickly, because not only is mold a potential health risk—mold growth can also damage your belongings.

Minimal mold growth can be removed from hard surfaces with commercial products, soap and water, or a bleach solution of no more than 1 cup of household laundry bleach in 1 gallon of water. It must be noted that bleach is toxic and also poses a health hazard, especially for people with chemical sensitivities. For your safety and the safety of your family/customers, it is always recommended to have a licensed mold consultant evaluate your mold concerns before proceeding with any mold removal or remediation.
Unfortunately, at-home remedies will not be enough to combat mold issue in your home or business nor will they address the problems that caused the mold (plumbing leaks, structural issues, elevated moisture/humidity, etc.). Fortunately, with an expert in mold inspection and remediation on your side, you can get rid of existing mold and have the fundamental issues in your home or building addressed so that mold does not return.

Don’t wait until you, your loved one, a customer or guest becomes ill due to exposure to mold. Have an expert at AusTex Environmental Services inspect your home or business right away.

Contact Us

If are concerned about mold in your home or business, don’t take any chances. Your health and safety could be at stake. Call the mold experts at AusTex Environmental Solutions today so we can inspect, test, and advise you on your mold problems. Our residential and commercial mold solutions are designed to help keep you safe.